Monday, May 2, 2011

Photography Prop



So I am new to photography but I am seeing again and again these cute little flower hair pieces. I looked to get one myself but they were anywhere from $15-$30+ and well... I'm cheap! I also use to sew so I have a lot of craft stuff just around the house. I went into my old box of fabric and found a teal & white piece of fabric and thought it would look awesome with my new backdrop. I made the flowers which turned out SO stinkin' cute and then I realized that I need some "fluff" I didn't have any tulle or anything but I had an old dress that my daughter had outgrown and I was going to sell it on ebay but I probably wont make but a $1 or so on so I cut the under skirt out along with the tulle on top of the dress and used it. It turned out SO good! I'm attaching a pic, it's on top of the bird cage. I want to get a photo of it on my daughter but she's still napping so I'll get it later. I was SO pleased at how it turned out and it cost me... well nothing! I would think that if you had to go buy all the materials you wouldn't spend more than $3-$5! I want to go get some cute buttons and do another. I just got a black and white backdrop as well and want to do a black and white piece like this as well. Has anyone ever made their own hair pieces/ props anything like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment