Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Props!


I had an awesome day finding new props! I have been searching online such as ebay and craigslist and just can't find anything worth what is being ask for an item. Plus actual "props" cost well over $20+ depending on what you are looking for! I have been wanting the barnwood floor SO bad but the actual mat costs anywhere from $40 - $100+ and well, I'm just starting out and can't do that! So I found an awesome alternative! At a local school supply store (Teacher's Exchange) they had this Fadeless Barn Board paper! It looks awesome! I will have to wait for a pic with one of the girls on it but so far I am loving it and it was only $8 for a huge roll!! Now it is paper so I realize it wont last forever but hey, for now it gets the job done!

I also hit up a local thrift shop and was able to get about 5 baskets that I'm going to use in some newborn shots (all were less than $3), a really cool red stoll $5, and and ottoman for $2!!! Yes I was freaking out! In fact I used my good looks and charm to get this at that price! haha... yeah right, there was an old man in the back room sorting and I just happen to see it on top of the pile and I said "oh I'd love that how much?" and he said "how bout $2" SOLD!! I used a piece of fabric that I had originally purchased for a backdrop but felt it was a little too busy and HOT GLUED this to this old ottoman!! So all in all... I spent $2 on the ottoman, plus $6 on the fabric and maybe $0.50 on glue!! Wow... plus if this fabric gets old or I just want something different hot glue is quick and easy to rip right off!! It was my best find yet!

I have a few shoots lined up within the next month and am so excited to use my new items! OH I almost forgot, I also got a cute little old case (in the photos) for $3... saw that the second I wanted in the store and said to myself, you are MINE! I'm tellin' ya I spent less than $30 on props today where you can spend that on one basket or "professional prop" online! So check out those thrift stores and yard sales!!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment